Thursday 26 July 2007

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix


I know that the whole Harry Potter phenomenon does not appeal to everyone, but having read the books I thought I would really enjoy the fillm. However, when I came out I was quite dissappointed. Personally I felt that many of the aspects of the book had been left out. I realise that it is hard to make a book that is over 500 pages long into a 2 hour film but I felt that the producers had made some wrong decisions on which parts to include and which to ommit. I went to see it with people who had all read the book. However, I would be interested to know whether anyone who has not read the book, but seen the film, actually understood everything in the film, as so much of the book was left out. On the other hand, the special effects in this film have quite obviously progressed from previous films and were actually quite life-like and impressive. I remember some of the effects from the first film looking like a computer game and therefore unrealistic.

No comments: